It has been a while since my last post... work really kept me busy. I was in General Santos (a.k.a tuna haven and Manny Pacquiao home town) for a week. It was quite an experience... an exciting one acually because I got to travel on my own for the first time.. Let's journey going to Gen San.....
.
Since we'll be starting our Gen San flight on October 2, together with my boss, we went there to hire a number of employees for Airport operations. It was a thursday (Sept 7) and we went back to Manila the next day (Sept 8). The hard part during our travel was the travel itself (hmmm...). We took the first flight to Davao (1 and 20 minutes), upon arrival to Davao, 30 minutes taxi drive to the bus station then 3-hour bus ride to Gen Santos City and 15-minute taxi drive to our Hotel (finally!!!!). We got there around 11am, we rested for an hour, ate lunch then started the interview at 1pm until 5:30pm. Recruitment is over, time to go home the next day.
.
After spending the weekend in Manila, I went back to Gen San the following Monday but this time I was all alone! I had to stay there for 4 days (Sept 11- 14) because I conducted orientation and customer service training. It was something new and different because I haven't done anything like it before (travelling without anybody to an unknown place). Even if I was just there 2 days ago.. It was different being on my own.
But then, i realized it wasn't scary at all!! My journey was peaceful. I had the chance to interact with the people in Gen San. The taxi and tricycle drivers were nice and friendly. The hotel staff were accommodating and the service was just great. I learned so much from my partipants. They shared with me how simple life is in Gen San. The biggest mall that they have is KCC (but nothing compared to our malls here sabi nila). I was curious i just got to see it! So after the 1st day of training, i took a cab going to the mall (15 minutes away) and I was not surprise to see less boutiques and restaurants. It was as big as SM sucat without the building B. I can't imagine Manila not having bazaars and tianges and in Gen San.. you have to appreciate what is there because that's just the way it is. Night life? nothing! If you look outside the streets/roads at 8pm onwards.. peaceful. To think my hotel is located at the city!! Minimum wage is 200-230 a day but it can be as low as 150. Buti nalang the cost of living is very cheap and affordable. I took a tricycle from the mall to the hotel and I was just asked to pay for Php6 if double ride (meaning may kasabay na iba) or Php12 if private. Good deal right???? I gave the driver Php25, ang bait ksi. :)
I have pictures together with my participants including our Videoke gimmick on my last night. Th hotel has a KTV bar so I invited them over. We started at 8pm and ended at 10:30pm (super early I know) coz mahirap na daw sumakay ng ganun ka late. Hay.... life at the province...
I woke up at 4am the next day, packed my things and started my journey towards home.... another bus and airplane ride.. long and tiring day....
Will I go back to Gen San? Definitely! but if that time comes, no more bus travel because I'll be flying Cebu pacific directly to Gen San, woohooo!! :) more grilled tuna, kare-kare na buntot ng tuna and kinilaw na tuna! the best dishes I tried... yun nga lang nagsawa ako sa tuna... :)
Pictures to follow.... :)
1 comment:
hi lea, welcome back! visited davao pero once lang and matagal na rin yun...di ko na nga maalala yung mall na napuntahan namin....by the way, hubby took cebu pacific (singapore to phil)and its much cheaper daw compared sa iba...=)
Post a Comment